You may be looking for:
The Ghost Academy utilizes zerg-bots in training simulations. These include replications of zerglings, hydralisks and defilers, all of which mimic their organic counterparts' actions. The defiler's plague ability is substituted for by a flammable gas that induces paralysis. A controller (such as Sarco Angelini) oversees and controls the robots' actions. Zerg-bots are capable of learning and adjusting to ghost trainee tactics.
Project Simulant was able to construct a variety of zerg simulants, with replicant strains ranging from breeds as simple as the drone, to those as advanced as the brood lord and ultralisk. However, the project ended in disaster, as the simulants ran rampant, destroying the lab.
It is unclear whether zerg-bots are identical to simulants and the Mecha Swarm, or a separate form of technology.
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Gerrold, David (w), Fernando Heinz Furukawa (p, i). StarCraft: Ghost Academy: Volume 2 (paperback binding). Tokyopop, August 10, 2010. ISBN 978-1427-81613-9.
- ↑ O'Reilly, Michael and Brooks, Robert. "Icehouse." (March 14, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Icehouse Accessed 2013-03-14.
- ↑ Irvine, Alex. "Command Performance." (March 28, 2013). Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft Lore: Command Performance Accessed 2013-03-28.
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void. Collections Tab: Skins. October 17, 2016
- ↑ Blizzard Entertainment. Co-op Missions. (Activision Blizzard). PC. Egon Stetmann (in English). 2019.